Drip edges are designed to protect your roof and underlying materials in extreme weather conditions. Here in Colorado, the strong weather patterns we experience throughout the year, make drip edges that much more important. As a leader among the top Denver roofing companies, we often speak to homeowners inquiring about the benefits of drip edges. If you’re considering investing in drip edge, we encourage you to pay special attention today’s post.
What is Drip Edge?
Drip edge is a piece of metal flashing that hangs over the edge of your roof with a small lip protruding away from your fascia. Drip edges are installed to help drive water flow away from fascia and protect the integrity of all roofing materials.
The Benefits of Drip Edges Include:
- Prevents damage to roof decking in heavy rainfall.
- Protects the rake and the eaves of your roof.
- Can add years to the lifespan of your roof.
- Helps gutters in directing water flow away from your home.
- Seals any openings in your roof to reduce wasted energy and keep animals out.
- Controls water flow and reduces the risk of damage to fascia.
- Protects underlayment when ice dams form.
Do You Need a Drip Edge?
While many municipalities only require drip edges at gutters and exposed sheathing, having drip edge installed on all edges can be a very cost-effective method for protecting the integrity of your roof. When installed correctly, drip edges can protect everything from your roofing materials to your underlayment.
CJ Roofing: Top Denver Roofing Company
At CJ Roofing, we have been proudly serving area Denver property owners for 4 decades. During that time, we have earned a reputation as a leader among the many Denver roofing companies. We’re here to help you determine if your roof can benefit from a drip edge. Contact us today and allow one of our experienced roofing inspectors to help you weigh your options.